Tuesday 20 November 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

My overall thoughts about  reading and writing assignments are working very well for me as i get to practice more on writing to improve my writing skills and vocabulary as well as reading. Although sometimes i do think it's too much to read some of the articles and most of the time i just got lost in the topic itself.

My favourite reading so far was near the first or second reading week, which is about mindset. I really enjoyed reading the articles as it also helped me with my mindset. 

Reading notes helps me each week with my game because every time i went back to read them, i always come up with new and different ideas from previous game idea. I think it's really good idea to go back and read few things over because you never know that you might have a better idea than before.

I have discovered many new readings and research strategies such as things i would never have done it myself. Looking at tutorials on unity is my new discovery. I never knew how game were made until watching unity tutorials.

I am very happy with my game project. Although there are some parts that i am not sure how i will make it work. I will start to prototyping my game project by first making the game architecture. i will do this by looking up more tutorials on YouTube. I feel like my game is not to bad in terms of the game story and the game objective. Writing up blogs about my game every week really helped me a lot as every week i always came up with new ideas and design from previous blog. I guess that's part of designing as you always have new ideas every time you write or design.

What i consider to be my biggest accomplishments for multimedia are working with unity which i have never used or heard about it before also writing blogs. When i first started using unity i thought to myself, there is no way i'm going to be able to make a game or even tried to make a game. After a few weeks with unity engine i started to get to know the basic of the software and what it can do. I was very interested of how amazing it do, it is like i'm creating my own world where can customize everything as i like. Writing blog and reading a lot of articles was a thing that i never wanted to do at all but for this class i had to read and write. At first it seems really boring and takes too much time but as i get to read and write more i really enjoyed it. Getting to have new ideas through reading articles and changing my ways of thinking was i think my accomplishment for this class.


I choose this image to be my favourite image because i think it is very cool to make a special item or gem in a game. Every game have a special items for the player to collect and i find it  very interesting creating my own gem.

I look forward to read more and write more. I want to improve and commit myself to do more readings and writings because it will help me in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment