Thursday 14 March 2019

Game Design Document

For this blog I will be writing about my ideas and thought. I will be designing a racing game. As my previous game did not turn out aswell as i thought it would be so i have decided to take on something different from making RPG or Survival game and will be working on a another type of game. I think racing game can be played by any of the age group and can be very enjoyable.

I got my inspiration from other games such as Need For Speed, Asphalt 8 and movies like Fast and Furious. 
I have an idea of creating an open world fill with racing tracks. The player can choose which track he/she likes to race on when starting the game. The player also will get to choose which car to race with. The car will have stats to show speed level, steering level, break level and acceleration level. The game will have a mini map showing the player where the next turn it or even to look at the track. I also want to add time lap or after finishing the race the player will have it's own time record. I want to create many different modes for the player to have fun from game more such as time trails or check list where the player will have to complete a certain task and various form of races. 

For the landscape of the game i would like to make it look more natural with lots of dense forest with small pond running through the track. As the car pass by the water would splash. I also would like to add rocks on the track for the player to avoid and i think this will make the player to be more observative and careful when driving.

For this project i will be using Unity engine to create this game. I will do more research and look at many different tutorials to create good looking racing car aswell as racing track and landscapes.

Need For Speed- where i got my inspiration from


My visual idea of the game


GDD

https://www.dundoc.com/project/5247/8c6uuzu8vv 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saha,
    I like your game idea for this Multimedia 2 game project. It doesn't seem too hard to make this game but then again this is creating a game on Unity and coding is hard. I saw someone for this year making a similar game to yours last semester but they didn't let us choose which tracks and car we would like to use. I am assuming the code for this would be difficult to do. So I wish you luck with your game and I am looking forward to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saha, racing games can be a lot of fun, when I was a young girl I always enjoyed these type of games, my favourite was always grand turismo, it was sort of a game with a lot of challenges where you have to complete them in time in order to pass, so your game definably brings back memories for me, I like the idea of making it open world as this kind of gives the game more feeling to it, not sure if you want to keep it primarily a racing game but you could implement a character to do side quests and such but if not then maybe just keep it to text when you drive some places, would you also think about adding in challenges just like in grand turismo? I feel that could be a lot of fun, all and all I think your game has a lot of potential and I’m looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete