Friday 7 December 2018

Unity Free Tutorials

As for this week i decided to work on my game project. For this tutorial i looked at how to make first person character jump. An image below is my code on C# for jumping. I had no problem working on these and i find it very easy to get around it. Things i like to improve is the jumping motion. As mine is not very smooth jumping, maybe it is because of my laggy laptop.

C# for jumping

First person screenshot

Screenshot of player jumping


Further tutorial i have edit my countdown timer to more suitable position which i think is top right. As shown on screenshot below


full landscape


I also decided to add collecting items. My plan was just made 4 prototype items, which right now is just a cube. I had 4 cubes layout near the player to test what happened when the player triggered them. I made an UI with text of the number of cubes in the scene, which is 4. So after the play triggered the cube the number will start to decrease. I ran into lots of error on this as after the cube collected the number did not decrease and it stays as 4. 

items



No comments:

Post a Comment